Ho’okupu & Thresholds
Saturday, April 3, 2021 - 10:00am to Friday, May 28, 2021 - 4:00pm
KŪKULU: The Pillars of Mauna a Wākea presents H OʻO K U P U: Unifying the world one offering at a time
Gifting is an act of aloha that binds; an exchange of the heart, a demonstration of solidarity, growing alliances, and a sprouting of new and long-lasting relationships.
In honor of the life force of Mauna A Wākea and Thousands of HOʻOKUPU offered in ceremony on the Ala Hulu Kūpuna, we lovingly present a small collection of offerings from Hawaiʻi, the Tribes of Native America & Canada, Moananuiākea, Asia, and Europe. The magic is that we became unified for the sake of a mountain one HOʻOKUPU at a time.
Thresholds: A solo exhibition by Bob Danhieux Douglas
The makai gallery features monoprints based on traditional Mokuhanga (Japanese woodblock) style printing. The images all deal with different forms of isolation, and present Douglas’s interpretation of his experiences camping out at the Mauna Kea access road during the TMT protests, and his subsequent isolation during pandemic lockdown.
April 3rd - May 28th, 2021
JOIN US APRIL 3rd 10am-2pm
Gallery Hours Tuesday-Friday, 10am-4pm
SPECIAL Saturday Hours, 10am-2pm
The EHCC will be adhering to the following GALLERY Policies and Procedures at this time:
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask to enter the gallery as recommended by the CDC and following County and State of Hawaiʻi regulations.
- Maximum of 10 people (including EHCC team members) allowed in the GALLERY space at all times.
- Maintain a social distance of six feet between you and others as much as possible.
- We encourage “no-contact” forms of communication like waving Hello, thumbs up/down, and air hugs; please avoid unnecessary physical contact.
- If you feel in any way unwell or sick, please STAY HOME and visit us another time. Thank You.