Tight Hide by Ken Little
Saturday, June 5, 2021 - 10:00am to Friday, July 30, 2021 - 4:00pm
An Exhibition by Ken Little
June 5th - July 30th, 2021
Curated by Andrzej Kramarz
“Disturbing” and “a bit like Frankenstein” are the words that postmodern artist Ken Little first used to describe his pieces on view in the exhibition “Tight Hide.” But, says the artist, his friends had a different reaction – they saw humor and pathos in creations like the one that began when he decided to rebuild a tattered deer trophy mount that he found at a secondhand shop in Missoula, Montana.
Says Little, “These animals are residents of our cityscapes and our psyche. They are "big game" animals, symbols of the natural uncontrollable landscape, the frontier. They are the true sublime, our subconscious, the dreamscape, the other. They are essential. They are dangerous. They are hilarious. They are gruesome. They are cute. They are trash. They are art.”
Gallery Hours: Tuesday- Friday 10am-4pm & Saturdays 10am-2pm.
The EHCC will be adhering to the following GALLERY Policies and Procedures at this time:
- All visitors are required to wear a face mask to enter the gallery as recommended by the CDC and following County and State of Hawaiʻi regulations.
- Maximum of 10 people (including EHCC team members) allowed in the GALLERY space at all times.
- Maintain a social distance of six feet between you and others as much as possible.
- We encourage “no-contact” forms of communication like waving Hello, thumbs up/down, and air hugs; please avoid unnecessary physical contact.
- If you feel in any way unwell or sick, please STAY HOME and visit us another time. Thank You.
EXHIBITION WALK-THROUGH WITH ARTIST KEN LITTLE