EBB & FLOW ARTS present FREE MULTIMEDIA SHOW!
Saturday, February 17, 2018 - 7:30pm to 9:00pm
On Saturday, February 17, 7:30PM, Ebb & Flow Arts will present a multimedia show at East Hawai'i Cultural Center, 141 Kalakaua St., Hilo. Admission is free, donations accepted.
- The show features, film, art, piano, poetry, and dance.
- Lee Michael Walczuk (Mountain View) and his son, Dominik Walczuk, will screen their original films.
- Tomas Belsky (Hilo) will read some of his poetry.
- Robert Pollock (Maui) will perform piano works by Edward T. Cone, himself, and Dr. Shinhee Park (Seoul, Korea). Dr. Park's work, "Abstract Paintings No. 1," will include projections of abstract images by Tomas Belsky (Hilo) and Martha Woodbury (Maui).
- We will screen a film edited by Emmy award-winning filmmaker, Tom Vendetti, that explores enlarged flower photography by Dr. Gary Greenberg. Both are from Maui. The screenplay is by Rick Chatenever, music by Keola Beamer, and narration by Stacy Keach.
- Peter Swanzy (Maui) created a film and soundtrack, "Awakenings," which will have its first screening on the Big Island. And there will be more!
- "We are thrilled to return to Hilo, and work with our long-time collaborator, the remarkably talented, Lee Michael Walczuk," says Pollock, director fo E&FA. "EHCC is a lovely venue for this event," he adds.
This event is part of E&FA’s annual, multi day, multi site, international NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST FESTIVAL 2018. NSEW Fest 2018 is produced, in part, with support from Aaron Copland Fund for Music, AHS Foundation, John R. Halligan Charitable Fund, Hawai’i State Foundation on Culture and the Arts, Roger Shapiro Fund for New Music, Edward T. Cone Foundation, BMI Foundation, Kosasa Family Foundation (ABC Stores), Mayor Arakawa Community Kokua Fund, Vendetti Productions LLC, and private contributions. Web site service provided by Maui Web Designs.
Ebb & Flow Arts, Inc. (E&FA) is a non profit presenter of modern music and multi media events. It is the only such presenter in Hawai'i, and was founded in 1999, by composer/pianist Robert Pollock. It aims to build bridges between the arts and connect artistic expressions and cultures. E&FA creates a global sound board and mirror for music and art in Hawai’i. We also teach children how to read & write music with "Scaling Haleakala," an original curriculum.
Further information: www.ebbandflowart
s.org , (808) 876-1854, and firstname.lastname@example.org Find us on FACEBOOK-www.facebook.com/ebba ndflowarts.